Thursday, November 8, 2012

Playing with Chalk Ink

Today I have a simple card that can be easily reproduced.  I struggled a little bit with the design, but I used all the ideas from the Holiday Card Workshop and ended up having a satisfactory result.





For the snow beneath the snow man, I used a sponge dauber and chalk ink.  I really look the "snowy" "cloud like" effect I got.

I love the swiss polka dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug, I seem to reach out for it a lot.

This second card was a result from experimenting with a mask and applying ink directly from an ink pad.  I also used the same mask with a sponge dauber, both times with dark green card stock and color box chalk ink.  I pick the sponge dauber as a winner!!!  I think direct application from the ink pad is harder to control and makes its way beneath the mask for a splotchy result.


My workspace is small, yet I managed to lose the other trees I made with the dauber :(  I wanted to post both for comparison.  I guess I'll just have to edit this post when I find it ;)

1 comment: