Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inspired by Washi Tape

I tried to look at my supplies with new eyes.  I usually create a card or tag with whatever inspiration comes at the moment.  This time I looked at my supplies and let them inspire me.  I also wanted to play with my new distress ink markers.  For me fall is all about nature, and leaves.  This washi tape also reminds me of fall even if it is not in the traditional fall colors.  Don't they look like falling leaves?


The washi tape was the source of my inspiration for this card.  I wanted to recreate elements of the washi tape into the card as Maile Belles did on Kick Start.  Even though I only reflected the color combination in this card, I set myself homework on doing this later on with some tags.

I am also new to stamping, and I have to tell you that I LOVE IT!!!!

I am submitting this card to the "Anything Goes" - Simon Says Stamp Challenge,  Inspired by Fall - CASUAL Fridays Chalenge and Young Crafters Unite - New Technique Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant - amazingly soft color palette! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall card :) Thanks for having some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! Love all the lovely details on your card, and you used the washi tape wonderfully(I am timid with washi:)!). So glad you are loving stamping...it IS so much fun!!!...so glad you joined the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays and shared your creativity and fun:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that you're "getting to know" stamping and enjoying it =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

    ReplyDelete